DEAR SOPHIE

LETTERS TO MY SERVICE DOG ... The link to my personal blog, WENDY-LAND, is listed at right.

09 November 2006

Another First

Dear Sophie,
It goes without saying that your purpose as a service dog is to make life easier for me, doing things that are difficult for me to do myself but, tonight, you took it a step further. It's not the easiest job to change the sheets on my bed and, in doing so tonight, I ended up on the floor and got stuck. Instead of panicking, or awkwardly wiggling out of the tight space between the bed and the closet, I let out a "Sophie, Come!" and in you came, bracing and backing up and bracing and backing up, until we reached an open space where I could stand. Okay, maybe my life didn't depend on you doing that, but my morale sure did. Thanks, Sophie. Hope you enjoyed your cookie ... you earned it!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home